News and Events:
MD Homebrewers (aka Guild Club)
Free State Homebrew Club Guild meeting wrap up
Guild holiday party (flyer attached)
· Saturday 12/1, 6-10 PM.
· Club Hour will be 2 hours. Each club picks their own theme. Stipend raised to $100 per club to offset the cost of ingredients for the club’s food.
· Most food to be supplied by clubs. Guild will supply a sandwich station, veggie lasagna, salad, maybe fruit, and desserts.
· Each club will be guaranteed at least 10 tickets.
· Charities voted and approved were: House of Ruth, Wounded Warriors, Baltimore Station, and Animal Advocates.
· If you are interested in attending please let me know ASAP (email@example.com) so I may provide the Guild with some idea of FOAM’s level of participation.
2013 AHA conference
· June 27-29, in Philadelphia. --- Keep the date in mind for your brew calendar!
Upcoming club events, festivals, etc
· 9/29: Maryland Microbrew Festival (http://www.marylandmicrobreweryfestival.com) and homebrew competition (http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org/competition). $18, 11am – 7pm. Please do not confuse this with the Carroll County Craft Beer Festival, which will be on the same day. There are 104 entries to judge. If you would like to judge or steward, go to http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org/competition to sign up. You will get BJCP points, breakfast, lunch, and free entry to the festival!
· 10/13: Maryland Brewers Oktoberfest. See http://www.dasbestoktoberfest.com/maryland/show-info
· 10/19 - 10/28: Baltimore Beer Week. See http://www.baltimorebeerweek.com
· 10/20: Chesapeake Real Ale Festival at Pratt Street Ale House. See http://www.prattstreetalefest.com
· 10/20: All Hopped Up homebrew competition at the Star Spangled Banner Flag House ( http://www.flaghouse.org ). Cash prizes. Must be present to win. Submit at least 200 ounces (about 3 growlers). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
· 10/20: Gruit competition at Liam Flynn’s Ale House (http://pintsizepub.com ). E-mail email@example.com for details.
· 10/21: Women of Homebrew Unite homebrew competition, noon at Maryland Homebrew. Proceeds to benefit the Women’s Law Center of Maryland (http://www.wlcmd.org ).
· 10/24: Little Havana Homebrew Event. Proceeds benefit BARCS ( http://baltimoreanimalshelter.org ). 6-9 PM, but brewers arrive at 5 to set up and taste other brewers’ wares. Top 12 beers get prizes. Check out the event on Facebook at http://www.facebok.com/events/282268458554788 or contact Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org .
· 10/26: ChiliBrew VI. See http://www.redemmas.org/event/2791 . Starts at 6 PM for competitors, 7 PM for everyone else. Benefits Whitelock Community Farm, Baltimore Rock Opera Society, and The Indypendent Reader. Enter a homebrew, chili, or both. Submit entries online at http://baltibrew.org/chilibrew by 10/12. Union Craft brewing, which about 3 miles from the event, will be donating some beer and might throw a party afterwards.
· 10/27 (tentative): MALT Oktoberfest to be open to all clubs. E-mail email@example.com if interested.
· 11/3: Wootown’s Mead Day. Learn how to make mead. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
· 11/18: MALT’s Turkey Shoot (their 8th annual BJCP competition). Info at http://www.maltclub.org/MALT/Turkey_Shoot.html . To enter a beer, or register to judge or steward, go to http://turkeyshoot.brewcompetition.combetween 10/1 and 11/11.
· 12/1: Guild holiday party.
· March 2013: Wootown’s Barley Legal (their 3rd annual BJCP competition).
Last modified: September 07, 2016 2:21:50 AM UTC.
Contact the Webmaster | Web services by Klompen Technologies